Charley FitzSimons grew up in Columbia, South Carolina. After leaving Columbia to obtain her undergraduate degree at Presbyterian College, Charley returned to Columbia to attend the University of South Carolina School of Law where she graduated in 2017.
After graduation, Charley clerked for the Honorable R. Knox McMahon on the South Carolina Circuit Court in Lexington, South Carolina. Having spent her formative law school years as a law clerk for James E. Knight, Jr., a local commercial and residential real estate attorney, she returned to her roots and spent two years with Hanson Law Firm performing real estate closings.
With hopes to establish both a commercial and residential real estate practice, Charley joined Crawford & von Keller, LLC as an Associate in February of 2022.
Charley now lives in Columbia, South Carolina with her very energetic dalmatian, Darla, who can be found attached to her side when she’s not in the office. She is an active member of the Junior League of Columbia, Young Alumni Council for Presbyterian College, and serves as an Intern Advisor each semester for college students looking to further their career in the legal field.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina – 2017
- Presbyterian College – 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar Association, Member
- SC Young Lawyers Division, Member
Past Employment Positions
- The Honorable R. Knox McMahon, South Carolina Circuit Court – Law Clerk , 2017-18
- University of South Carolina School of Law, 2019
- Hanson Law Firm – Associate Attorney, 2020-2022