B. Lindsay Crawford IV
B. Lindsay Crawford IV
Baxter Lindsay Crawford, IV (Lindsay) grew up in Columbia, South Carolina as the son of two local attorneys. After leaving the state to pursue his undergraduate education at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia where he received his B.A. in History and Economics in 2011, Lindsay returned home to attend the University of South Carolina School of Law where he graduated in 2014. Lindsay was admitted to the South Carolina Bar in 2014 and is admitted to practice in the state of South Carolina and the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina. Lindsay was admitted to the North Carolina Bar in 2022.
After graduating law school in 2014, Lindsay clerked for the Honorable George C. James, Jr. on the South Carolina Circuit Court from 2014 to 2015 in Sumter, South Carolina. When his clerkship ended in the summer of 2015, Lindsay made a cross-country move to follow his then fiancé, Nellie, to Portland, Oregon, where she had been transferred for her role. Lindsay and Nellie ended their western adventures in April of 2016 when Lindsay joined Crawford & von Keller, LLC as their newest associate in Columbia, South Carolina.
Once he returned to Columbia, Lindsay began his career primarily in the firm’s collections group, and he has managed that group for the past several years. Lindsay also practices extensively in the Landlord-Tenant practice area and manages the day-to-day operations of that group within the firm. Lindsay also practices with and supports all other areas of practice within the firm, especially the foreclosure and replevin practice areas. In March of 2020 Lindsay was made a Member Attorney with the firm.
Lindsay is on the board for, and actively volunteers with, Junior Achievement of Greater South Carolina’s Young Professional Auxiliary and is on the Alumni Counsel for his high school alma mater, Heathwood Hall Episcopal School.
Lindsay now lives in Columbia, South Carolina, with his wife, Nellie, their two children, Baxter and Mary Nell, and their dog Jackson.
- 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America for the practice areas of Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Litigation – Banking and Finance.
Areas of Practice
- Creditors Rights
- Landlord-Tenant Law
- Collections (consumer and commercial)
- Foreclosure (residential and commercial)
- Structured Settlement Transfers
- Real Estate
- South Carolina, 2014
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina, 2016
- North Carolina, 2022
- South Carolina Bar
- Young Lawyers Division
- Richland County Bar
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
- North Carolina Bar
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- J.D. – 2014
- Washington and Lee University
- B.A. – 2011
- Major: History and Economics