Collections Attorney in North Carolina
It’s no secret that we are living in challenging economic times. This can cause a simple debt issue to transform into a burdensome legal problem for a creditor. At Crawford & von Keller, PLLC, our North Carolina collections lawyers have the knowledge and skills to manage cases involving both consumer and commercial collections for our business clients. We will conduct a comprehensive investigation into your case so that we are fully informed on all the facts, while also crafting a winning legal strategy on your behalf with the goal of recovering the debts you are owed.
At Crawford & von Keller, PLLC, our seasoned collections and creditors’ rights attorneys bring considerable experience and insight to the table, offering legal counsel for a broad variety of legal issues that pertain to creditors’ rights. We have the resources to assist our business clients with issues such as:
- Fraudulent transfers
- Subrogation and receivership
- Domestication of Foreign judgments
- Post-Judgment Enforcement
Collection Cases We Handle
We represent clients who are seeking to hold debtors responsible for their obligations. We handle a variety of cases, including:
- Consumer collections: Consumer collections cases usually involve one or more individuals who have been extended credit in order to purchase goods or services for personal or family use. Our firm offers extensive experience advising our business clients on consumer collections matters in accordance with federal and state consumer protection statutes. Collecting a debt can be a difficult process because of a multitude of laws and regulations that protect the borrower. Violating these rules and regulations, even accidentally, can have serious consequences for the lender. We will help you navigate the collections process by offering you sound legal advice and by acting as your advocate in legal proceedings. We can advise you on a wide range of topics, including:
- Mechanic’s liens
- Reducing a claim to judgment
- Domestication of foreign judgments
- Commercial collections: Commercial collections cases typically involve a business that has been extended credit to make relevant purchases. We will advise you on matters relating to commercial credit collections and help you navigate the legal process, keeping you informed at every step. We will aggressively pursue the debts you are owed while also recognizing the cost-benefit ratio of pursuing a past-due balance vs. collecting a debt. Our attorneys will work hard to ensure that you are aware of all your legal options, and help you discern the course of action that is most likely to result in a positive outcome.
Contact a North Carolina Collections Attorney Today
At Crawford & von Keller, PLLC, we have the experience and skills to help you recover unpaid debts from individuals or business owners who owe you money. As a creditor, you deserve to be made whole, and working with one of our collections attorneys can help expedite the legal process. No matter how complex your situation is, our North Carolina collections attorneys are up to the task. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.